Schedule appointments, verify insurance coverage, maintain accurate patient records, and assist with preliminary testing under the Optometrist’s supervision. Educate patients on lens insertion and removal and overall care of contact lenses. Able to effectively sell and meet or exceed all sales goals.
Areas of Responsibility
1. Schedule appointments according to the SOP Appointment Scheduling/Check-In guidelines, including next year’s appointment.
2. Efficient in recommending patients fill out paperwork on-line and importing patient information from web daily.
3. Confirm the schedule: call appointments the day before to confirm the appointment time. Contact/reschedule no shows and cancellations.
4. Pull all charts for the next day’s appointments; scan/shred (if necessary) set-up color folders.
5. Has complete understanding of MVC plans and is able to articulate plans to customers and patients.
6. Preauthorize insurance day before appointment; .Reconciles all exceptions pre-closing using 35 report.
7. Handle patients’ FLOW efficiently. Answer patients’ questions, check patients in and out, collect payments, monitor and perform other front desk tasks as needed. Able to perform duties related to EMR proficiently. Maintain complete and accurate patient records according to SOP standards.
8. Perform preliminary testing data collection as directed utilizing Patient Flow form and entering in EMR
9. Instruct patients on the insertion, removal, cleaning, care and proper handling of their contact lenses.
10. Order (regular and trials), stock, notify patients when their contact lenses are available for dispensing, dispense contact lenses and eyewear using SERVE.
11. Recall patients daily using POS recall system; call and appt. goals met daily.
12. Able to effectively sell and meet or exceed all sales goals
13. Clean and maintain equipment and instruments in the optometric area and cover equipment nightly as well as supply inventories and ensure inventory is not expired
14. Other duties as assigned by management to include cross training, support of retail floor, etc.